Work at NGFS
Middle School Science Teacher (2014-2015)
Position Type: Teacher
Start: August 2014
New Garden Friends School, a Preschool-12 Friends School in Greensboro, NC, seeks a middle school science teacher for grades 7 and 8 for the 2014-15 academic year. We are looking for a person who:
- Displays a deep understanding of and a passion for science and its application to the world
- Demonstrates proficiency with technological tools for teaching, communication and research
- Has the ability to design and use inquiry-based science curriculum
- Shows eagerness to engage with middle school students in an advisory capacity
- Has the ability to work collaboratively with a team of middle school teachers and administrators
- Has a commitment to the traditions and philosophy of a Quaker educational community including Quaker values
Teaching experience and an undergraduate and/or graduate degree related to the field of science is required. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter expressing your interest in the position and a resume to email@example.com For immediate consideration, put Science Teacher- Middle School 2014-2015 in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls or regular mail.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
NGFS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes families of all races, nationalities, sexual orientations, creeds, religious, social and economic backgrounds.
I value the commitment the staff and families have to educating the whole child and honoring the gifts that each person brings to our community. I can't imagine teaching anywhere else.
— Neil Swenson, 5th-6th Grade teacher in his 16th year at NGFS