Position Available: 5th and 6th Grade Teacher
Lower School 5th, 6th
Applicants should supply the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Philosophy of Education
- References with list of phone numbers
New Garden Friends School, a PK-12 Friends School in Greensboro, NC, seeks a classroom teacher for our combined grades 5 and 6 program for the 2017-18 academic year.
- A deep understanding of and a passion for teaching children
- The ability to design innovative curriculum and excite students about learning
- Experience and expertise interacting with 5th and 6th grade students academically and socially/emotionally
- A genuine love of 5th and 6th grade students and a visible joy in working with children of widely-ranging ambitions and abilities
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team of teachers and administrators
- A desire and ability to be collegial, flexible, and joyful in an energetic work environment
- A commitment to the traditions and philosophy of a Quaker educational community, including Quaker values
- Proficiency with technological tools for teaching, communication and research
- Commitment to New Garden Friend School’s mission
- An affinity for and interest in the Quaker values as embodied in the NGFS community
To apply, please send a cover letter expressing your interest in the position, a resume, a statement of your philosophy of education, and references with a list of phone numbers to email@example.com
Please, no phone calls or regular mail.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
NGFS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes families of all races, nationalities, sexual orientations, creeds, religious, social and economic backgrounds.