Position Available Beginning 2015-2016
Upper School Head
New Garden Friends School seeks an experienced and dynamic educator to serve as Upper School Head. The Upper School Head oversees the daily operation of the Upper School, collaborates closely with the Associate Head of School and other Division Heads, as well as works directly with faculty, parents, and students. S/he is a member of the Administrative Leadership Team and Academic Leadership Team, reporting to the Head of School.
A master’s degree is preferred, in addition to 7-10 years of combined leadership and teaching experience in secondary education. Familiarity with the tenets and practices of the Religious Society of Friends is highly desirable.
The position begins July 1, 2015.
Applicants should supply the following materials: a resume, cover letter, statement of educational philosophy, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Upper School Head Position. Priority given to applicants submitting interest packet by January 5, 2015.
• Works with staff to support students’ academic, social and emotional wellbeing.
• Supervises Upper School teachers including conducting performance reviews, observing in the classroom, and creating of performance improvement plans as necessary.
• Leads the ongoing review and development of academic policies in collaboration with the Associate Head of School and other members of the Academic Leadership Team to be in alignment with the mission of the school and independent school best practices.
• Provides oversight of Upper School functions including advising, course selection, discipline, and college guidance.
• Assures the implementation of differentiated instruction and/or accommodations for students with documented learning differences.
• Oversees facilities usage of the Page-Frederiksen Campus in collaboration with the Director of Facilities, Director of Auxiliary Programs, Athletics Director, and other administrators.
• Directs the process for selecting, coordinating, and support of Upper School students enrolling in courses at Guilford College in collaboration with faculty and staff and representatives from Guilford College.
• Collaborates with other senior administrators and faculty in curriculum design.
• Serves as a resource for parents and students.
• Implements other projects and tasks deemed appropriate and assigned by the Head of School.