Head of Lower School
New Garden Friends School, a coeducational Quaker day school located in Greensboro, NC, seeks an experienced and dynamic educator to serve as Head of Lower School (preschool through 6th). The Head of Lower School oversees the daily operation of the Lower School, collaborates closely with the Head of School, the Head of the Upper and Middle Schools, and the Director of Admissions and Enrollment, as well as works directly with faculty, parents, and students. S/he is a member of the Administrative Leadership Team and Academic Leadership Team, reporting to the Head of School.
A master’s degree is preferred, in addition to 7-10 years of combined leadership and teaching experience in elementary education. Familiarity with the tenets and practices of the Religious Society of Friends is highly desirable. This is a twelve month position. The position begins July 1, 2016.
Application Procedures: Email submission of a cover letter of interest, resume, educational philosophy and list of 3 references with contact information including email to: email@example.com. Priority will be given to applicants submitting interest packet by February 26, 2016.
The Education Group
New Garden Friends School is an equal opportunity employer
Director of Communications and Marketing
Responsible for the planning and implementation of marketing and communications for New Garden Friends School.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- develop a strategic communication and marketing plan that will raise the visibility of the school and support both enrollment and fundraising
- partner with Admissions and Advancement to develop all print, electronic and social media materials and solicitations
- manage the school brand, including developing and maintaining editorial and graphic standards
- develop and implement a strong social media program
- develop and implement a communications calendar
- write and distribute both print and electronic newsletters
- manage, contribute to and maintain website content
- support New Garden Friends School’s mission, values, institutional goals and educational philosophy
- other duties as required
- B.A. degree or higher
- five or more years of experience in communications and grassroots marketing
- excellent journalistic and copywriting skills
- proven skills in print, electronic, web and social media
- understanding of private school culture a plus
Required Applicant Documents
- Cover letter
- Three professional references (telephone and email)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Portfolio of marketing materials/campaigns and writing samples
Send completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Garden Friends School strives to be a community of staff, students, and families of diverse backgrounds. NGFS does not discriminate based on age, race, color, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, physical disability, genetic information, family status, socioeconomic background, national or ethnic origin, military service, or any other protected class in the administration of its policies and programs. NGFS is an equal opportunity employer in policy and practice.
NGFS staff members demonstrate an understanding of and strong commitment to Quaker values and the School’s mission, a desire for continuous professional growth, and the ability to work with integrity.
NGFS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes families of all races, nationalities, sexual orientations, creeds, and religious, social and economic backgrounds.
Limited opportunities are available at this time, however interested parties may submit their resume or CV and cover letter for consideration to email@example.com.