Merit Scholarship Program for High School Students
This program reflects our values as a Friends educational community and will be awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence, extraordinary character, and community involvement.
Three Scholarships will be awarded each year: one scholarship is awarded to a student new to NGFS (preference is given to those entering the ninth grade) and two scholarships are awarded to current eighth-grade NGFS students.
Merit scholarship awards are $10,000 each year for four years. Scholarships may be combined with need-based financial aid. (Total award may not exceed 100% of yearly tuition.)
If you would like to apply for the NGFS Merit Scholarship:
- Currently enrolled students - complete the Merit Scholarship application, essay, and submit supporting documents. The scholarship application deadline is March 1, 2019. Scholarship recipients will be announced on March 22, 2019.
- Prospective students - New students must first complete the NGFS admissions process and be accepted for the school year. If you are already accepted, please complete the Merit Scholarship Application for new students. The scholarship application deadline for new students is May 1, 2019. Scholarship recipients will be announced on June 1, 2019.
College-Ready Scholarship for Randolph County Quakers
A Quaker Scholarship for Randolph County students has been established at New Garden Friends School. Up to $3,500 per year is available to Quaker applicants who reside in Randolph County. Recipients of this scholarship must show financial need and must be from families where one or more of the student’s parents has not attended college.
Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship?
Quaker students of good academic standing with veritable financial need.
How can a student apply for the scholarship?
- Students must first apply for admission to New Garden Friends School and be accepted. Applications are submitted online and can be found here.
- Students must complete the College-Ready Scholarship application and the essay question included. The applications can be downloaded here. Scholarship applications must be submitted by March 31 before the academic year for which the scholarship is requested.
- Students must also complete an application for financial aid. The financial aid application is completed after a student is accepted for admission and is available on the FACTS website.
If you need assistance or further information, don’t hesitate to contact Maggie Keskinen, Admissions Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.299.0964 x2340.
NGFS participates in the North Carolina Opportunity Scholarship Program.