Essential Skills for the 21st Century
As we evaluate choices for how our students will spend their time, we ask ourselves:
- Will this course of study support the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills?
- Will these assignments or activities allow our students to collaborate across networks and lead by influence?
- How will these challenges build our students' intellectual agility and adaptability?
- Are we allowing our students the opportunity to nourish their creativity, so they will feel comfortable taking initiative?
- Are we actively cultivating entrepreneurship?
- Are we providing opportunities for our students to consistently hone their oral and written communication skills?
- How often are we giving our students the challenge of effectively accessing and analyzing information?
- Are we staying out of the way often enough to allow students to follow their own curiosity and imagination?
- Are we supporting student directed paths of inquiry?