Be Connected. Be Inspired. Be You.
About the New Garden Friends School Annual Fund 2017-18
What is the NGFS Annual Fund?
NGFS, like all independent schools, derives income for its operating budget from two primary sources: tuition and fundraising. The NGFS Annual Fund is a yearly effort to financially support and enhance the school’s operations and activities so that together we can successfully accomplish our mission.
Why is Annual Fund participation so important?
First and foremost, Annual Fund participation is important because it helps provide resources and experiences for our students to develop the skills they will need to "change the world."
In addition, when we seek funding from sources outside our community, we are asked about participation in our Annual Fund. Greater family participation increases our chance of receiving outside funding.
For this reason, even if you have donated to other NGFS funds, please consider even a small donation to the Annual Fund to help us reach our goal of 100% participation.
What are gifts to the Annual Fund used for?
Your support of the Annual Fund enables us to:
- Recruit and retain talented, dedicated teachers.
- Sustain our commitment to diversity by supporting tuition assistance.
- Engage our students with the world
Beginning with an emphasis on outdoor adventures in A Child’s Garden, through the ‘Town Unit’ in Rainbow, and up to the spring and fall trips from Horizon through Upper School, taking learning beyond the classroom enhances students’ in-class work, joins them with the world, and supports the development of independence, adaptability, compassion, resiliency, and social responsibility.
- Develop and maintain our athletics program (Our Boys’ Soccer Team is the current CAASC State Champion!)
- Support unparalleled opportunities in arts education.
- Enhance and maintain our beautiful campus.
What are matching gifts?
To encourage philanthropy and show their community support, many companies match the charitable donations of their employees. This doubles the amount of your donation! Simply obtain a matching gift form from your employer and send it to the school with your gift. We will complete the form and return it to your employer who then completes the match. Some companies that provide matching gifts are:
- Wells Fargo
- 3M Company
- American Express
- Analog Devices
- CIGNA Corp.
- Eli Lilly & Company
- Ernst & Young
- Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance
What are ‘In Memory’ or ‘In Honor’ gifts?
These are gifts that give twice! Gifts to the NGFS Annual Fund can be made ‘In Honor of’ or ‘In Memory of’ someone as a way to appreciate their role in your life. For example, donations in their honor make great gifts for grandparents! This is one way that grandparents, especially those living at a distance, can feel connected with their grandchildren’s education. Please indicate on the donation envelope that the donation is ‘In Honor of’ or ‘In Memory of’ someone. We also have donation gift cards to notify recipients of the gift made in their name.
How can I donate?
- Check ‐ Make checks payable to New Garden Friends School and indicate on the check that it is for the Annual Fund. Mail to the NGFS Advancement Office, 1128 New Garden Road, Greensboro, NC 27410.
- Recurring gift – Contact your bank or go through online banking to set-up a monthly gift that will be automatically mailed to New Garden Friends School on a specific day each month.
- By Phone - Call Ashley Raper, Director of Advancement, at 336-346-3168 to make a pledge. Pledges are payable through June 30, 2018.
Is my donation tax deductible?
NGFS is a 501(c)(3) non‐profit organization so all contributions to its Annual Fund are tax deductible. Our federal tax identification number is 56-1002236.