Thank you for your interest in working at NGFS! Faculty and staff at New Garden Friends School collaborate to meet students where they are by providing a warm, inclusive, and engaging educational experience for all. Candidates from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Available: Spanish Teacher
- Lower School (Preschool through 6th grade) and Upper Level Upper School Spanish
- Cover Letter
- Philosophy of Education
- References with list of phone numbers
New Garden Friends School, a Preschool-12 Friends School in Greensboro, NC, seeks a Spanish language resource teacher to teach Preschool through 6th grade students as well as one class of upper level Upper School Spanish for the 2021-22 academic year.
New Garden Friends School students begin learning Spanish at the Preschool level and receive Spanish instruction twice weekly. At the Middle and Upper School level, students can take Spanish as their foreign language elective, beginning with Spanish 1.
- Ability to speak and expose children to Spanish
- Ability to teach upper level Spanish
- A deep understanding of and a passion for teaching students at a variety of ages
- The ability to design innovative curriculum and excite students about learning
- Experience and expertise interacting with students academically and socially/emotionally
- A genuine love of students and a visible joy in working with students of widely-ranging ambitions and abilities
- A desire and ability to be collegial, flexible, and joyful in an energetic work environment
- A commitment to the traditions and philosophy of a Quaker educational community, including Quaker values and social justice
- Proficiency with technological tools for teaching, communication, and research
- Commitment to New Garden Friend School’s mission and New Garden Friends School’s Commitment to Diversity
- Prepares lesson plans, instructional aids, and supplemental teaching materials
- Assesses, documents, and prepares reports such as narrative evaluations, grade and classroom performance, and attendance
To apply, please send a cover letter expressing your interest in the position, a resume, a statement of your philosophy of education, and references with a list of phone numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, no phone calls or regular mail.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Position Available: Substitute Teacher
- Two references with list of phone numbers
New Garden Friends School, a PK-12 Friends School in Greensboro, NC, seeks substitute teachers for planned absences and last-minute absences. We are looking for a person who:
- is willing to engage students with the lesson plan provided by the teacher
- has experience and expertise interacting with students academically, socially and emotionally
- has the ability to work collaboratively with a team of teachers and administrators
- has an interest in learning about the traditions and philosophy of a Quaker educational community.
To apply, please send your resume and references to email@example.com.
Please, no phone calls or regular mail.
Review of applications is ongoing.
New Garden Friends School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religious belief, economic background, cultural background, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or age in its programs, activities, admissions, and employment. New Garden Friends School also complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination, including but not limited to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex. If you have questions or concerns regarding our non-discrimination policy, please contact Pattie Midgett, who oversees our non-discrimination policy and also serves as our Title IX Coordinator. Office Address: Pattie Midgett, 1128 New Garden Road Greensboro, NC 27410